Monday, August 22, 2011

The last time I had opportunity to write was on July 23 while I was on vacation - sad.

Interesting choice of words I just used there - "had opportunity". Like everyone else, I have 24 hours in a day. For a large chunk of those hours, I have the ability to choose what to do. I can chose to read something, I can chose to watch TV, I can chose to serve someone, I can chose to write, etc.

Paul wrote to Timothy: You, however, know all about my teaching, my way of life, my purpose, faith, patience, love, endurance..... (II Tim 3:10; I added the emphasis). Paul lived a purposeful, intentional life. Something that we are supposed to emulate.

How are you "spending your time" is a common expression. Stewardship encompasses stewarding my time. I need to be intentional about how I use my time today; at least my discretionary time. Paul wrote to the church in Corinth - do everything to the glory of God (I Cor 10:31).

Use your time wisely today. Easier said than done.

No comments:

Post a Comment