Sunday, October 09, 2011

Heaven

I was driving home from church this morning.  I taught a class at another campus, so I had an opportunity to have a longer drive home than usual.  I was looking a the many trees that are changing color along the freeway.  It was a beautifully sunny day, so the colors were vibrant!  The reds seemed to be more red; the yellows more yellow; the oranges - terrific.  The creativity of the creator was on display for sure and my soul was moved to worship him for creating this so that I, and the others on the highway, could enjoy it. 

I couldn't help but wonder if there are going to be days like this in heaven. I know that every day God's creativity is on display - the Bible speaks that what can be known of God is revealed in His creation (Romans 1:20).  I also know that heaven is not going to be black and white.  The Bible speaks of heaven having trees that line a river of life, it speaks of jewels and gold, it speaks of bright light of God - it speaks of God's creativity on display for His created beings.  Are there going to be fall colors in heaven?  I don't know for sure, but after days like today, it wouldn't surprise me!!!

Take some time to stop and enjoy the day that God has created especially for you.  Appreciate the beautiful colors that he has painted for you.  Thank him for the eyes that can see the trees changing, that can see the beautiful sunsets of fall, the harvest moon that soon will be coming.  Worship Him for what He has created for you to enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment