Sunday, January 17, 2010

I think that I am going to start a series of postings on "foundations to live by". Hate the title, but hopefully it will be helpful. These are principles that I remember as I process through life.

Principle #1 - you reap what you sow. The Apostle Paul speaks of this in his letter to the church in Galatia. He phrased it like this - if you so to the Spirit, you will from the Spirit reap life. If you sow to the flesh, you will from the flesh reap destruction.

I have to pay attention to my heart, my words, my actions. I need to not only be intentional about not sowing to my flesh (doing things to please me), but also be intentional about sowing to the Spirit (doing things that please God). I have to be careful about where I spread the seed that I have been given because there will be a harvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment